Dear Oakhurst Family,
If you do not know or are simply unaware, ALL age groups for Sunday School have resumed meeting in their respective classes. This includes the Nursery and Children’s Sunday School as well as Nursery for Regular Services on Sunday Nights and Wednesday Nights. This puts us back to what is our normal summer schedule with no Kids Bible Study and Family Supper on Wednesday Nights. The one exception is Children’s Church as our Coordinators were not comfortable just yet to start Children’s Church back during the morning service. Aside from that, I hope you all will be willing to start coming back to gathering together in Sunday School and Worship each Sunday.
While we are making progress and getting closer back to normal operation, I must still ask you to exercise caution. I encourage you to do so out of courtesy for each other by continuing to follow the guidelines for Church. Jesus teaches us courtesy and respect with what we know as the “Golden Rule.” In Luke 6:31, Jesus says, “Just as you want others to do for you, do the same for them.”
If you feel safe and ready to attend Sunday School and Worship, please do! I want to see my Church family studying the Scriptures and worshiping the Lord Jesus together in person! However, if you do not, please feel free to continue worshiping from home and leading your family in Bible Study. All Sunday School material is available in the Church Office or through your Sunday School teacher so please feel free to get it and use it for your family’s study time. Just as a reminder for Sunday School and Service times, and please take note of the Guidelines for Services as we meet each week.
Guidelines for Worship:
1. We ask that if you do not feel comfortable attending service being 65 or older, have a compromised health condition, or because of the health crisis itself, please feel free to stay home and worship with us online through Facebook or through local TV.
2. If not attending Sunday School, we ask that you arrive for service no later than 10:30am to prevent crowding and to be seated in a timely manner.
3. We have designated the “Piano side” door as the primary entrance to the Sanctuary. Please enter through that door. To prevent crowding, we ask that you exit through the “Piano Side” door and through the “Front Door” of the Sanctuary.
4. We recommend you wear a face mask during Sunday School and Worship Services.
5. We recommend you bring your own hand sanitizer.
6. We highly recommend you wash your hands after using the restroom for at least 20 seconds.
7. We ask that families sit together one family per pew, every other pew.
8. We ask that individuals sit about 6ft apart, every other pew
9. We ask that you place your tithes in the offering plates on the communion table by the piano as you enter and exit.
10. We recommend refraining from handshaking and/or hugging.
All of these guidelines are for everyone’s personal health protection, so we are able to continue services safely and to prevent the spread of the virus. Please make note of these guidelines before each Sunday.
The 10:50am service will continue to be live-streamed through our Oakhurst Live Facebook Page and broadcast through local television on Channel 72. Sunday night and Wednesday night services will continue to be livestreamed at 6pm each of those nights as well. Also, please continue your giving as instructed either in person in each of our services, by mail (Church address is above), by delivery to the Church office, or by request of a Deacon. I look forward to seeing you this Sunday at OBC.
For His Glory,
Pastor Mark Jackson
Follow OBC COVID-19 Updates
Subscribe so your are connected to all our latest important information.